September Return to School
We are looking forward to welcoming all of our students to a full return to school next week. The following pages provide reminders of key information, requirements and hopefully plenty of reassurance that whilst your child’s return to school will see many changes, it will be safe, well-organised and highly conducive to learning.
School reopens from 2nd September and students will be welcomed back on a staggered basis, to allow for careful re-integration and build-up of confidence with the new systems. Please note the following dates for return:
|Monday 31st August||Bank Holiday Monday||School closed to all|
|Tuesday 1st September||Inset day for staff||School closed to students|
|Wednesday 2nd September||Year 7 and 11||Phased Induction process.
School start and finish times are as normal (8.30-3.35)
|Thursday 3rd September||Year 7, 10 and 11|
|Friday 4th September||Year 7,8,9 10 and 11|
All students are expected to attend school as usual. If your child has a medical condition you must contact their head of year to discuss personalised arrangements.
Students must not attend school if they, or anyone in their household, have any of the following symptoms or if they have tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 10 days. DO NOT send your child to school if they have any of the following symptoms:
- A high temperature
- A new and persistent cough
- Loss of sense of taste or smell
Remind your child they should be:
- Washing their hands for 20 seconds regularly – this is more effective than using hand sanitiser and is one the best ways to protect themselves
- Using hand sanitiser (at least 60% alcohol) if soap and water aren’t available
- Staying 2m apart where possible
- Trying not to touch their face (mouth, nose, eyes) with their hands
- Using a tissue if they cough or sneeze, then bin it and wash their hands. If they don’t have a tissue they should use the crook of their arm. Catch it, Bin it, Kill it!
- Students must bring their own essential school equipment each day. Sharing equipment increases a transmission risk.
- Year 11s – remember to bring everything you were given at the end of year 10, including your completed mock exams!
- Parents – use the online payment system to pay for lunches
We highly recommend that you download the free MyEd App to keep up-to-date with the latest developments from the school.
Please refer to this letter to parents for more information of our return this September.