All students at Sandhill View Academy must wear school uniform
A high standard of personal appearance is expected of all of our pupils. The official school uniform should be worn at all times, including during examinations and on official trip out of school (except where otherwise stated). Wearing our uniform identifies our students, not only with each other, but also as a member of our school community. The uniform associates students with the high standards of work conduct and dress we set them.
- All students must wear a black blazer with the school badge. This may be worn with a royal blue pull-over or tank top with the school badge. Royal blue ties with the school badge as shown above must be worn along with plain white, collared shirts. Formal black school trousers must be worn with plain all black polishable school shoes. Trousers may also be replaced by a blue oakleigh pattern plaid skirt which must be worn with plain black tights and all black polishable school shoes.
- Trainers, plimsolls or canvas shoes of any description must not be worn. All school shoes should be formal and polishable with no decoration or frills.
- Everyone should have a bag to carry books and kit to and from school.
- Students must wear the metal badge of their corresponding house group on their blazer label. Badges will be provided to new pupils on the first day of the school year. It is the student’s responsibility not to loose their house badge.
- Students must wear their year group colour patch on their blazer lapel (see below).
Regarding Jewellery, Make-Up & Hair Colouring
Students are not permitted to wear any item of jewellery to school, for health and safety reasons. However they are allowed, if you wish, to wear the following items of jewellery, most of the time:
- An inexpensive wrist watch.
- Up to one small sleeper or stud in each ear lobe. Please note earrings in any part of the ear other than the lobe are not allowed.
Facial piercings are not permitted. Students are not allowed to wear any other items of jewellery to school. In PE and in some practical subjects, health and safety regulations permit absolutely no jewellery. The wearing of earrings to school can be potentially dangerous.
Make-up, if worn, should be subtle. As a rule of thumb, if it is apparent that a student is wearing make-up from across a classroom, then they are wearing too much to be acceptable for our school environment. Fake tan, brightly coloured nail acrylic, nail polish or gel nails should not be worn. Henna should not be worn.
Extreme hair colouring is not permitted.
The school accepts no responsibility for the loss, theft or damage, however caused of any item of jewellery or equipment brought to school by any student.
- Girls / Boys must wear a royal blue collared T-Shirt with the School logo.
- Black tracksuit bottoms / black shorts and black socks must be worn with this.
- Navy swimming costume and swimming hat for students with long hair for pool activities. Swimming goggles are optional but highly recommended.
- Trainers or running shoes are permitted only during PE activities. Black trainers/shows are best suited to match our PE Kit.
Our Uniform Supplier
Our uniform provider is Elizabeth’s Embroidery
8 – 10 Richardson Rd, , Stockton-on-Tees , TS18 3LJ
T: 01642 674973
You can place orders for our school uniform via this link.
You can find a guide and information about ordering our uniform during the current pandemic by clicking here.
Please use the password SHVASPIRE to access the order form.