Welcome to Sandhill View Academy’s “Careers Zone”. In this section you will be able to access information regarding all aspects of our careers education, information, advice and guidance.
We are currently looking for an individual to fulfil the role or Careers Advisor. Please see below for more details.
Salary: Scale point 32 – 34 (£29,055 – £30,756) full time, 37 hours per week
Starting date: As soon as possible
Are you a highly committed experienced Careers Adviser who is keen to make a difference to the lives of young people? Do you want to join a Multi Academy Trust that wants you to be happy and successful, and implements innovative strategies to support this? If so, read on!
We are a highly successful Multi Academy Trust currently comprising of two secondary schools: Southmoor Academy; a very successful 11-18 academy and the lead school in the MAT, and Sandhill View Academy; a rapidly improving 11-16 academy.
In November 2017, Ofsted said, “Southmoor Academy is a good and improving school where pupils are achieving well. The headteacher provides strong and effective leadership… effectively assisted by leaders at all levels.”
In March 2018, Ofsted said of Sandhill View Academy, “Leaders have taken firm action to improve the quality of subject leadership across the school, with the result that there is now a strong team with clarity about the areas that they need to improve further.”
We are looking for a Careers Adviser to support the development and implementation of high quality careers education, information, advice and guidance across the Multi Academy Trust. The role will involve working in both schools liaising with the schools’ careers leaders to ensure the provision of an effective and consistent CEIAG programme across the Trust. You must have the ability therefore to develop highly effective partnerships which benefit both schools.
You will be:
- a well-qualified careers adviser (Level 6) with a passion for working with young people
- a team-player who will take full advantage of working with an extended team across the MAT
- able to support and lead the development of CEIAG across the trust with drive and enthusiasm to secure outstanding practice
- Support to develop within an organisation that wants you to be happy and successful, and implements really innovative strategies to support this
- Ambitious pupils taught in an environment where outstanding academic progression is the highest priority; nearly half of all KS4 pupils at Southmoor Academy (and an increasing number of pupils from Sandhill View Academy) go on to study ‘A’ levels within the Trust, with over half of all sixth formers who took up university courses in September 2017 now attending a Russell Group institution.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 9.00am, Thursday 24th May. Interviews will be held 9.00 am, Friday 25th May 2018.
Applications should be returned to Samantha Ferry, HR Manager: Ferry.S@sandhillview.com
Prospective applicants are warmly invited to have an informal chat about the role prior to application/interview. Please contact Samantha Ferry on the email address above.
Southmoor Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.