We offer a wide range of experiences and challenges that enrich our pupils. This is to ensure that our students are inspired to learn outside of the classroom and develop the skills required for the world beyond their secondary education.
Through our Curriculum Enrichment programme we use the talents and experiences of others from outside of the school, in combination with the talents and interests of staff within our school, to improve our student’s education and their enthusiasm for learning.
Our primary enrichment period is every Wednesday afternoon. In place of our regular last lesson period we hold extended activities in school from 2:10pm – 4:00 pm. Though this is the period we specifically set aside for enrichment to take place, there are plenty of other activities before or after school through every day of the week.
By participating students benefit from developing social skills; opportunities to work outside the usual curriculum with external teachers and agencies; opportunities to gain additional skills and accreditation, as well as being able to have a say in their choice of education but most of all to find an activity that they can enjoy and be passionate about.
Activities currently on offer include:
- Trips to visit local theatres, museums and galleries
- Sporting activities and teams such as 5-a-side football, trampolining, table tennis and swimming
- LRC Reading Suite everyday
- Summer School
- Careers Library
- Active lunchtimes with lots of activities on offer including Drama, Art, Fitness Suites, Trampolining, Swimming, Astro Turf and Movies in the Theatre
- Common room activities at break & lunchtime
- After school activities such as Band Practice, Theatre Rehearsals, Arts & Crafts and Jewellery Making
- Various Key Stage catch-up workshops and home-work support groups
- A wide range of clubs such as Art Club, Computer Club, Drama Club, Humanities Club, Girls Social Club and our Youth Club
- Band & Choir practice
- An after school Homework club where students can use school facilities to catch up with their homework
The full table of what activities are happening at the school can be found below or downloaded here
Extra Curricular Clubs & Activities 2017/18
It is expected that every student in KS3 signs up to an activity of their choice and we ask that you encourage your child to do so. Students in KS4 are also very welcome in either the enrichment activities or to work on coursework in their year base.
Please check back to this page often for more activities as they are added to the enrichment menu.