- All boys must wear a black blazer with the school badge. This may be worn with a royal blue pull-over or tank top with the school badge. Royal blue ties with the school badge as shown above must be worn along with plain white, collared shirts. Formal black school trousers must be worn with plain all black polishable school shoes.
- Girls must wear the same as stated above with the exception of the pull-over which may be replaced with a royal blue cardigan or tank top with the school badge. Trousers may also be replaced by a blue oakleigh pattern plaid skirt which must be worn with plain black tights and all black polishable school shoes.
- Trainers of any description must not be worn.
- Everyone should have a bag to carry books and kit to and from school.
Students are discouraged from wearing any item of jewellery to school, for health and safety reasons. However they are allowed, if you wish, to wear the following items of jewellery, most of the time:
- An inexpensive wrist watch.
- Up to one small sleeper or stud in each ear lobe. Please note earrings in any part of the ear other than the lobe are not allowed.
Facial piercings are not permitted. Students are not allowed to wear any other items of jewellery to school. In PE and in some practical subjects, health and safety regulations permit absolutely no jewellery. The wearing of earrings to school can be potentially dangerous. If you would like your child to wear studs or sleepers, a signed indemnification form is required for insurance purposes by the Local Authority’s insurers and is therefore a condition of permission being granted.
To gain permission you must complete and return an indemnification form which may be obtained from school and must be signed in the presence of a member of staff who will countersign the form. The school accepts no responsibility for the loss, theft or damage, however caused of any item of jewellery brought to school by any student.
- Girls / Boys must wear a royal blue collared T-Shirt with the School logo.
- Black tracksuit bottoms / black shorts and black socks must be worn with this.
- Navy swimming costume and swimming hat for pool activities. Swimming goggles are optional but highly recommended.
- Trainers or running shoes are permitted only during PE activities.
Sandhill View Academy uniform & PE kit can be obtained from the following supplier:
The Uniform Shop
Unit 4, Queen Court,
Leechmere Ind Est,
Tel: 0191 510 9333