Below you will find the job vacancies we currently have available at Sandhill View Academy.
Please feel free to print out our application form and fill in by hand should you wish to do so.
Lead Practitioner of Geography
Starting date: September 2017
Salary: L4 – L8 (£41,978 – £46,335)
Location: Sandhill View Academy
Contract type: Full time
Contract Term: Permanent
We are seeking a highly skilled classroom practitioner with a keen interest in developing the practice of colleagues and systems within the area. The role will require a high level of inter-personal skills and a real desire to work with others in a supportive relationship. Subject to negotiation, specific responsibilities are likely to be supporting the Head of Geography, mentoring NQTs and early career teachers, and coaching others in need of support. The successful candidate might also be interested in playing an active role in our dynamic whole school CPD programme which takes place in conjunction with staff at Southmoor Academy.
You will be:
- a well-qualified practitioner with a passion for Geography
- a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- a self-motivated and enthusiastic team-player
- someone with a real drive to secure successful pupil outcomes
- The chance to work alongside leaders within a supportive and growing Geography Department at Sandhill View.
- The possibility of A-level teaching at Southmoor Academy.
- An opportunity to make a life-transforming difference, for yourself and those around you.
- The chance for rapid career development within a large and growing organisation.
- A delightful and very deserving student community.
Potential applicants are welcome to visit the school and meet with our Head of School. Please contact us on 0191 5949 992 for details.
Applications close at 9.00am on Monday 15th May 2017. Applications should be returned to Samantha Ferry, HR Manager: Ferry.S@sandhillview.com