Below you will find the job vacancies we currently have available at Sandhill View Academy.
Please feel free to print out our application form and fill it in by hand should you wish to do so.
“School leaders are determined that the school will improve. They have an unshakable belief in the potential of their pupils.” Ofsted March 2018
If you share our unshakable belief we want to hear from you. We are seeking a Head of School to help us transform belief into reality. In return we offer you the opportunity to develop and prove yourself as a high quality senior leader in a supportive aspirational environment.
Headteacher: Sandhill View Academy
Starting date: Negotiable
Salary: L29 – L35 (£78,359 – £90,773)
Would you like to lead a school where according to Ofsted (March 2018):
- Morale is high among staff
- Teachers, subject leaders and staff are enthusiastic and positive about the school’s current position and its ability to improve further
- Pupils agree that the school is getting better
- There is now a strong team with clarity about the areas that they need to improve further
- Subject leaders are now taking the necessary steps [and] with the decisive action of senior leaders, this is leading to stronger teaching.
- Leaders have used the momentum of these changes to create an aspirational and ambitious culture for the school
Following the successful promotion of the current post holder, Sandhill View Academy is seeking a new Headteacher who can add the required strength of leadership to secure strong academic progress. In so doing you will offer:
- a proven track record in raising whole school achievement to national levels and above
- a no compromise approach to securing the best academic outcomes and future opportunities for pupils
- the highest expectations of yourself and others
- drive and total focus on moving Sandhill View’s Overall Effectiveness from ‘RI’ to ‘Good’ by the next inspection (expected late 2020)
Southmoor Multi Academy Trust offers you:
- Experienced and highly effective MAT leaders who will draw upon the wider resources of the Trust to support you
- A highly successful sixth form with a national profile as Oxford University’s ‘OxNet’ hub, serving the North East region
- Governors [who] share the high aspirations and determination of leaders (Ofsted)
- High morale amongst staff and pupils (Ofsted)
- School leaders who are determined that the school will continue to improve and have a clear understanding of the school’s strengths and weaknesses (Ofsted)
- Access to the MAT’s unique ‘Smart Working’ scheme which supports staff to achieve a better work –life balance!
- The prospect of future progression to become a statutory headteacher and beyond. We invest in talent!
Closing date for receipt of applications is 9.00 am on Friday 29th June 2018. Applications should be returned to Samantha Ferry, HR Manager: Ferry.S@sandhillview.com
Prospective applicants are warmly invited to have an informal chat about the role and arrange a visit during school hours prior to application/interview. Please contact Samantha Ferry on the email address above or alternatively via telephone 07891560238.
Southmoor Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
Full time, Permanent
Scale M point 41 – 44 (£37,107 – £39,961)
Required for September 2018
We are looking to appoint a highly motivated individual with a strong background in financial management and accounting to join our team. The successful candidate will be someone who has:
- a professional qualification in accountancy (minimum part qualified)
- a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a finance function within the public sector
- excellent interpersonal skills
- advanced IT skills, in particular with Excel
- previous supervisory experience and is able to motivate and train a team.
The appointee will work with the Head of Trust Finance and Operations to quality assure financial procedures and contribute to the business development of the Academy Trust.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 12 noon on Friday 22nd June 2018. Applications should be returned to Samantha Ferry, HR Manager: Ferry.S@sandhillview.com
Application packs are available from Samantha Ferry, HR Manager, Ferry.S@sandhillview.com
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to a successful DBS check and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before an appointment is confirmed.